CAU Licensing Information

CLC works with its partner institutions to identify and cultivate new consumer product companies that can bring value to college consumers through licensed merchandise. Companies can pursue a license in one of two categories:

Retail – Allows a company to produce products bearing the trademarks of collegiate institutions for sale at retail in approved retail channels and direct to consumer, as well as university departments and related entities.

Internal – Allows a company to produce product bearing the trademarks of collegiate institutions for university departments and related entities for internal consumption only; cannot provide product at retailer direct to consumer.

To download a quick reference guide to CLC license types, click here.

NCAA/Bowls/Conference Licensing – CLC has a separate licensing process for “hot market” events, including NCAA tournaments, the College Football Playoff, bowl games, and athletic conferences. Existing CLC licensees may apply for these programs via the Brand Manager 360 system. For companies not currently licensed through CLC, contact CLC’s NCAA & Bowl Properties Division at 770-956-0520, or email Laura Howell ( or JuJuan Odom (

Each CLC partner institution utilizes its own decision-making process to determine how to grant licenses. Click the icons below to learn more about requirements of the CLC licensing process. If you would like more information or have additional questions, please contact Thank you for your interest in collegiate licensing